What is Physiotherapy And Its Types
What is physiotherapy?
- Physiotherapy helps to restore movement and function of people when they are affected by injury, illness, or disability.
- Physiotherapy helps through physical rehabilitation and Physiotherapists get you involved in your recovery
- They maintain health for people of all ages, helping patients to manage pain and prevent the disease.
Why we choose physiotherapy?
- We choose the physiotherapy field to become a physiotherapist that means we can play a key role in enabling people to improve their health, wellbeing, and quality of life.
- In this profession, physiotherapist works with people to identify and maximize their ability to move and function – an essential part of what it means to be healthy.
- To become a physiotherapist, you must study at university, part-time, or while working as part of an internship.
- So, if you want an academic qualification and professional status in your life than physiotherapy can be a great choice of career.
What does a physiotherapist do?
- Physiotherapists diagnose and manage a broad range of conditions with the bones, muscles, cardiovascular system, nerves, and other parts and systems of the human body. They can help people to manage chronic diseases and give the quality of life.
- When you go to see a physiotherapist, they
- massage areas of your body
- manipulate your joints
- stretch your muscles
- give you exercises to do
- A physiotherapist’s purpose is to improve a person’s quality of life by using a variety of treatments to alleviate pain and restore function and in the case of permanent injury or disease, physiotherapists work to lessen the effects of any dysfunction.
if you like more about this site click here
The role of the physiotherapist?
- The role of a physiotherapist is varied. A physiotherapist may have to assess the physical condition of a patient to diagnose problems and implement a treatment plan and they could also be re-training patients to walk, or helping others to cope with crutches, walking frames, or wheelchairs.
- Education is also an essential role in physiotherapy. Physiotherapists spend much time educating patients, their families, and the community to prevent injuries and to help to lead healthy lifestyles of peoples. Finally, the physiotherapists can also issue sick leave certificates should it be deemed necessary to do so.
- physiotherapists treat all types of people including children with cerebral palsy, premature babies, pregnant women, people undergoing rehabilitation, athletes, recovery from broken bones.
Types of physiotherapy?
- Physiotherapists are specialized in several different areas including sports injuries, children’s health (pediatrics), and women’s health, Orthopedic, Neurology, and others.
- . These are:
- Musculoskeletal which is also called orthopedic physiotherapy.
It is used to treat conditions such as sprains, strains, back pain, arthritis, incontinence, bursitis, posture problems, sport, and workplace injuries.
2. Neurological. This is used to treat disorders of the nervous system, including strokes, spinal cord injuries, acquired brain injuries, multiple sclerosis, and Parkinson’s disease, and others. It is used for rehabilitation following brain surgery.
3. Cardiothoracic is the name given to the treatment of used asthma, chronic bronchitis, emphysema, Angioplasty, Stent placement, Ablation, and other cardio-respiratory disorders.
Types of treatment in physiotherapy?
- the physiotherapist will choose a wide range of therapies, including
- Manual therapies – These can include joint manipulation and mobilization (which provides for spinal mobilization), manual resistance training, stretching, and to treat musculoskeletal pain and disability
- Exercise programs – Such as muscle strengthening, posture re-training, cardiovascular stretching, and training.
- Electrotherapy techniques – Consists of Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS), laser therapy, diathermy, and ultrasound. Electrotherapy is used for the relaxation of muscle spasms and the prevention of atrophy.
if you like daily jobs updates visit this site click here